Monday, January 6, 2014

This Is It!

It was just months ago that I decided to just put everything behind and to pick up something that is totally irrelevant to my current field. It was very impulsive that I literally gone crazy about it and took every chance to look up for related information.

Studying in Korea is relatively cheap but living in Korea is expensive (at least for a Malaysian)! According to some bloggers I seek advice from, 950,000won a month is barely sufficient (RM3.15 = 1,000won). So do get prepared with some additional $$ if you want to try something like this

Yonsei University was my first choice. The building is amazingly beautiful. Being the oldest university in South Korea and its strategic location, it does attract a lot of students trying their best to get enrolled. But at the same time, its fees are also higher than the other universities.




























My second choice is Seoul National University (SNU). It is also one of the top three universities in South Korea (Seoul National Univeristy, Yonsei University and Korea University) which produced famous graduates like Ban Ki Moon, the secretary of UN. Not so many foreigners go to SNU as it is further away from all the happening places in Seoul. So in return, it offers program with lower fees as well as lower living expenses. Twin sharing dormitory only cost about 500,000won for 10 weeks! While off campus accommodation cost up to 500,000won a month.

















As compared to Yonsei university, it seems to have less green. But it is alright since now $$ is the biggest concern and reviews had mentioned that SNU offers equally good korean language program emphasizing on both writing and speaking skill, not to forget good teachers too.

So, I had just received my admission letter to SNU Korean Language Regular Program (Spring intake). The feeling of finally doing something out of the box is indescribable. Trust me, it has never been easy letting go quite a well paid and stable job and emptying your three years savings into something you can't totally be sure of. Well, I guess that is the excitement of living the life you want, challenging your own limit.

Till then, I will be busy preparing letters and all the necessities.
2014 will be a great year for me, I am confident about it.
See ya, Seoul in 2 months time. Please treat me well.

.

2 comments:

  1. sometimes, don't just stick in doing the usual stuff... learn something else....

    happy studying, bila kami gi sner... bring us around

    zarena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey zarena, good to hear from you again =)
      btw, what did you pick up?
      and of course, remember to buzz me when u guys are in korea!!! it seems like most of us had ventured out.

      Delete